Reports To: Vice President of Finance and Administration
Location: Waltham, MA
Chiasma is a late-stage Phase 3 biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of patients suffering from orphan diseases by developing and commercializing novel oral forms of therapies that are available today only by injection. The company’s lead product candidate is octreotide capsules for the orphan condition acromegaly and is currently in Phase 3 multinational clinical studies designed for both FDA and EMA commercial approval. Chiasma is a well-funded, public Delaware corporation (Nasdaq: CHMA) with a wholly owned Israeli subsidiary.
The Manager – Accounting, Reporting and Analysis will lead the financial close, audit and SOX compliance, and SEC reporting processes of the Company, including technical accounting research and ongoing adherence to accounting policies and procedures for a public company in the US; as well as assisting in the budgeting, financial planning and analysis function.
- Manage SEC reporting processes including drafting of filings 10Q/10K and coordination with company leadership, external auditors, consultants, and legal counsel.
- Manage coordination of the monthly and quarterly financial close including:
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Corresponding with other departments to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses.
- Prepare the technical memoranda necessary to support accounting treatment positions on matters to support the quarterly close.
- Manage the coordination of SOX compliance documentation and testing.
- Lead and coordinate external audit and SOX reviews to support quarterly reviews / annual audits.
- Manage the corporate insurance program, including annual renewals, primary contact, etc.
- Manage monthly budget to actual reporting for department managers.
- Support quarterly forecast and annual budget process.
- Prepare and present internal financial reporting packages for VP Finance and CEO review
- Other ad hoc reporting and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, CPA or MBA is preferred.
- 5+ years relevant accounting experience; strong technical and analytical skills sought.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and effective in working collaboratively with cross functional team members and with external partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to drill-in to operational details while maintaining appropriate whole-company perspective.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to work in a small, dynamic work environment.